europeanise : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v denationalize and subject (a territory) to the supervision of an agency of a European community of nations
- v make (continental) European in customs, character, or ideas
- Sepp Blatter in Donegal Democrat
We should we try to Europeanise an African World Cup?,he said "I have always said that Africa has a different rhythm, a different sound."
- Janusz Onyszkiewicz in guardian.co.uk
We're hoping to Europeanise our policy,said Janusz Onyszkiewicz, a former Polish defence minister who is now vice-president of the European parliament. "That was the case with Ukraine and we hope it will be the same with Belarus. The aim...
- Mitch McConnell in guardian.co.uk
Earlier this year, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell accused President Obama of "an audacious effort to Europeanise the country".