etanercept : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a genetically engineered anti-TNF compound (trade name Enbrel) consisting of receptors that bind TNF; it is injected twice a week in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
- Methotrexate, a cancer drug which has been used to treat RA for 30 years, is augmented by other drugs, including the recently developed but costly "biologics" such as etanercept .
- Methotrexate, a cancer drug that has been used to treat RA for 30 years, is augmented by other drugs, including the new but costly "biologics" such as etanercept (Enbrel .
News & Articles
- Sandoz Initiates Phase III Trial For Biosimilar Etanercept - Quick Facts
Sandoz Initiates Phase III Trial For Biosimilar Etanercept - Quick Facts
June 24, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Novartis tests copy of Amgen's Enbrel in late-stage trial
LONDON (Reuters) - Sandoz, the generics unit of Novartis, has launched a late-stage trial with its biosimilar version of Amgen's Enbrel, consolidating its leading position in developing cheaper copies of complex biotech drugs. With the start of the major study of its version of Enbrel, or etanercept, Sandoz now has seven Phase III clinical trials across five biosimilar molecules - more than any ...
June 24, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News