- n the wide part of a river where it nears the sea; fresh and salt water mix
- The Loire is France's longest river--630 miles from its source in south-central France to its estuary on the Atlantic--and one of the most historic.
- Fanne leaped from the car, ran toward a small estuary of the Potomac River known as the Tidal Basin, and jumped or fell into the water.
- All the plants, says Cronin, are located in exactly the wrong part of the river--the broad, shallow heart of the estuary that serves as a nursery for striped bass, bay anchovies .
- David Paterson in Suffolk Life Newspapers
One of my goals as governor is to protect Long Island Sound by preserving it as a valuable estuary, an economic engine for the region, and a key component to making Long Island's quality of life one of the best in the country,Paterson said....
- Dianne Feinstein in Los Angeles Times
The 10-year extension of the Drakes Bay Oyster Company's lease will preserve 30 jobs at the last remaining oyster farm cannery on the West Coast while making sure that the ecology of the estuary is protected,Feinstein said in a written...
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in Nuevo Mundo
We take this spill very seriously and we will do everything we can to protect and preserve the beauty of California's landmark estuary,Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said.