escapade : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a wild and exciting undertaking (not necessarily lawful)
- n any carefree episode
- Last week these chuckled as tall, mighty-bellied War Lord Feng Yu-hsiang returned with a broad, triumphal grin from his three-month military escapade in Chahar Province north of .
- Prime Minister Cosgrave was said to be "severely shocked by the escapade," particularly since his eight-month-old government had boasted that its tight security and tough .
- And Ellison's latest escapade incorporated all the traits that make him so compulsively watchable: ruthless competitiveness ("It's not enough that we win; all others must lose," he .
News & Articles
- 'I want to do it all': Bethlehem native spent a year trying new adventures each week
Bethlehem native Libby Segal spent a year of trying a new adventure each week. Her next escapade: a reality TV show. To say that Libby Segal keeps busy is an understatement. At 25, the Bethlehem native has experienced more than many people twice her age. And that's exactly the way she hopes to keep it.
June 29, 2013 - The Morning Call
- Orange County fire officials, volunteer want restitution for rescue of teens in Trabuco Canyon
SANTA ANA - Orange County Fire Authority officials want to recover the $55,000 the agency spent rescuing a 19-year-old and his 18-year-old friend who got lost hiking in Trabuco Canyon because they allegedly admitted taking hallucinogenic drugs before the escapade.
June 28, 2013 - Los Angeles Daily News
- Former CIA head James Woolsey: Russia's insulting U.S. has set example for Hong Kong, Ecuador
R. James Woolsey Jr., director of central intelligence during the Clinton administration, said Monday that the United States' failure to deal strongly with Russia and President Vladimir Putin is setting an example for other countries in the Edward Snowden leak escapade. "Hong Kong and Ecuador are learning from Russia, which ...
June 24, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Nicolas Sarkozy in Reuters
Relations between Chad and France are good and ...... this rather lamentable escapade has nothing to do with the deployment of the European force in Chad,Sarkozy said.
- Angus MacNeil in Mirror.co.uk
Mr MacNeil yesterday said the Government was in "crisis", adding of Lord Levy's re-arrest: "This, of course, is the man who's been closest to Tony Blair in the whole fundraising escapade for Labour. And it really doesn't look good for Labour at...
- Nelson Chamisa in The South African Star
Reacting to the students' calls for Tsvangirai's return, MDC spokesperson Nelson Chamisa said: "It is not that the president is on some holiday or luxury escapade. We would want him back and he will be back soon, but realities on the ground have to...