- n the expensive white fur of the ermine
- n mustelid of northern hemisphere in its white winter coat
- Among the spectators, it was noted, ermine was definitely passe, having been replaced by white mink, which may be a purification symbol.
- Peers sat robed in scarlet, gold and ermine.
- Donning a lion mask and faux-ermine cape he begins to think of himself as "the groundskeeper.
News & Articles
- Four Arts plans class on art masterpieces
Joan Lipton is slated to explore the qualities that make an artwork a masterpiece Aug. 14 at The Society of the Four Arts’ Dixon Education Building. The class, which is part of the Campus on the Lake series, will be offered at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Works featured will include the Venus of Willendorf , which dates from 24,000 to 22,000 B.C., Leonardo da Vinci’s Lady with an Ermine, Francisco de Goya ...
July 25, 2013 - Palm Beach Daily News
- Keith Richards in CNN International
I don't want to step out onstage with someone wearing a coronet and sporting the old ermine,Richards said.
- Da Vinci in Village Voice
The ermine is so fastidious that he will allow himself to be caught by hunters before he will take refuge in a muddy spot,wrote Leonardo da Vinci in his Bestiary.
- Alex Salmond in BBC News
Mr Salmond said: "How glad I am that this party will not be nominating any Scottish patriot to sit on the ermine benches between Lord Archer and Lord Watson."