era : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event
- n a major division of geological time; an era is usually divided into two or more periods
- n (baseball) a measure of a pitcher's effectiveness; calculated as the average number of earned runs allowed by the pitcher for every nine innings pitched
- In the pre-Murdoch era that would have been a 600-word story on page A24, headlined "Fed Mulls Pay Guidelines.
- Whether Europe's new era will end in nationalist chaos, good or bad internationalism, or what not, the era will be newand the end of the old era will have been finally .
- Carlin was a product of the counterculture era in lifestyle as well as comedy.
News & Articles
- Open-Era Record 7 Walkovers, Retirements on 1 Day
Seven players were knocked out of Wimbledon on Wednesday by withdrawals or mid-match retirements, believed to be the most in one day at a Grand Slam tournament in the 45-year Open era.
June 26, 2013 - New York Times
- New Era Realty on Pace to Eclipse $100 Million in Sales in 2013
Denver Based New Era Realty on record course to surpass $100 Million in sales. Outperforming national and local trends, the results bring proof the market is recovering and small local companies can compete with national chains. (PRWeb June 25, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/new-era-realty/denver/prweb10865474.htm
June 25, 2013 - PRWeb
- Korean War-era vets to be honored
Korean War-era veterans will be recognized by U.S. Sen. Tim Scott on July 27 as part of the upcoming 60th anniversary of the armistace that led to the Korean cease-fire.
June 25, 2013 - The Post and Courier
- Steve Jobs in Huffington Post (blog)
Flash is a successful business for Adobe, and we can understand why they want to push it beyond PCs. But the mobile era is about low power devices, touch interfaces and open web standards - all areas where Flash falls short,Jobs wrote....
- President Bush in CNN
Steroids have sullied the game, and players and the owners must take the Mitchell report seriously; I'm confident they will,Bush said. "And my hope is that this report is a part of putting the 'steroid era' of baseball behind us."
- Barack Obama in GulfNews
What is required of us now is a new era of responsibility - a recognition, on the part of every American, that we have duties to ourselves, our nation and the world, duties that we do not grudgingly accept but rather seize gladly, firm in the... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Fall River Herald News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.heraldnews.com/opinions/x497799139/OUR-VIEW-Inaugural-address-sobering-yet-inspiring-01-21-09&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEbt5nkSXffOUBaGOlCXg5Lf3QQvA Jan 20, 2009
33882 43259 eradicate Obama said it best when he declared: No single speech can eradicate years of mistrust, nor can I answer in the time that I have all the complex questions that brought us to this point."