equipped : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose
The expedition was equipped with proper clothing, food, and other necessities
- v provide with abilities or understanding
She was never equipped to be a dancer
- a provided or fitted out with what is necessary or useful or appropriate
a well equipped playground
a ship equipped with every mechanical aid to navigation
- a provided with whatever is necessary for a purpose (as furniture or equipment or authority)
- s prepared with proper equipment
equipped for service in the Arctic
- s carrying weapons
- The Hmong say they are too ill-equipped to strike back.
- So equipped, the Iron Duke Camaro had 0-60 mph acceleration of around 20 seconds, which left Camaro owners to drum their fingers while school buses rocketed past in a blur of yellow.
- By 2014 most of the border will be home to sensor-equipped towers that are linked to a central communications network.
News & Articles
- Chrysler's new heavy duty trucks raise the bar on performance
Driving a new 2013 Ram heavy duty truck, equipped with a 6.7-liter Cummins turbo diesel engine sounds a lot like actor Sam Elliott's baritone television commercial punchline, 'Guts. Glory. Ram.'.
June 13, 2013 - Detroit News
- Less is more for off-road Jeep Stitch enthusiasts
You would be incorrect if you assumed that the Jeep in the photograph that accompanies this article is equipped with a lift kit, an aftermarket suspension package that lifts a vehicle a few inches higher above the pavement.
June 13, 2013 - Detroit News
- BlackBerry Q10 pricing and app fragmentation could leave it dead in the water
BlackBerry is expecting big things from its QWERTY-equipped BlackBerry Q10 smartphone. Not everyone is optimistic about the handset’s future, however. Strategy Analytics analyst Neil Shah noted that the Q10 brings fragmentation to the BlackBerry platform “in terms of applications development and availability of apps across different form-factors.” The analyst explained that developers are forced ...
June 11, 2013 - BGR News via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in AFP
We know that he traveled to Yemen,Obama said in his weekly video address. "It appears that he joined an affiliate of Al-Qaeda, and that this group, Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, trained him, equipped him with those explosives and...
- John Howard in NEWS.com.au
A few moments ago, I telephoned Mr Rudd and I congratulated him,Mr Howard said in a speech to Liberal Party supporters. "I wish him will on the task he would undertake." "We've equipped to him a nation that is stronger and prouder...
- John McCain in Leading The Charge
I believe that the majority of Republican Party conservatives are convinced that I'm best equipped to lead this country, unify our party and take on the challenge of radical Islamic extremism,McCain told reporters.