- n a mathematical statement that two expressions are equal
- n a state of being essentially equal or equivalent; equally balanced
- n the act of regarding as equal
- Einstein found that his equations didn't have a solution that described a universe that was unchanging in time.
- The equations of general relativity simply can't handle such a situation, where the laws of cause and effect break down and particles jump from point A to point B without going .
- According to Cooper's equations, by "dropping" in airless, frictionless, straight-line tunnels, passenger vehicles powered only by the pull of gravity could theoretically travel .
News & Articles
- Asheboro hands Martinsville fifth straight loss with 8-2 win
Two runs, 13 hits, four errors and 14 left on base. That was the Martinsville Mustangs’ equation Tuesday night against Asheboro. Needless to say it wasn’t a winning one.
June 12, 2013 - Martinsville Bulletin
- Self-Calibrate Your Thermistors for Higher Accuracy
Use the Steinhart-Hart Equation for High-Precision Readings CHESTERLAND OH — Technicians and engineers often use thermistors to log temperature in applications which require increased accuracy for more demanding projects. To accomplish this, they use the Steinhart–Hart equation to convert a thermistor sensor's resistance to temperature. When compared against other methods, Steinhart ...
June 11, 2013 - ThomasNet
- When calculating cell-growth thermodynamics, reconsider using the Gibbs free energy equation
A forthcoming article in The Quarterly Review of Biology provides the basis for an argument against using the Gibbs free energy equation to accurately determine the thermodynamics of microbial growth.
June 10, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Ban Ki-moon in Ynetnews
Ban added that he had "reminded the President that the UN General Assembly had adopted the resolutions to revoke the equation of Zionism with racism and to reaffirm the historical facts of the Holocaust respectively."