equator : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an imaginary line around the Earth forming the great circle that is equidistant from the north and south poles
the equator is the boundary between the northern and southern hemispheres
- n a circle dividing a sphere or other surface into two usually equal and symmetrical parts
- Join photographer Monique Stuader as she journeys through the thirteen countries that lie on the equator.
- Xu HaihanChinaFotoPressGetty The earth's surface moves faster at the equator, which is why it's such a good place to launch a rocket.
- The earth's surface moves faster at the equator, which is why it's such a good place to launch a rocket.
News & Articles
- Bread & Butter: What's brewing at Proof Lab? Equator's first cafe
Surf's up and the coffee is almost ready. San Rafael's Equator Coffees & Teas is opening its first retail shop and the lucky locale is in the Proof Lab Surf Shop in Mill Valley.
June 12, 2013 - Marin Independent Journal
- The Visocchis of Summit take the Independent Press on safari to East Africa
Mary Ann and Tony Visocchi Mary Ann and Tony Visocchi of Summit took the Independent Press newspaper along on safari in East Africa. They are pictured here on the Equator in Uganda, where they were given a demonstration how water...
June 9, 2013 - Independent Press
- Mead: It’s not just for Vikings
Next time you ponder ordering a glass of mead, ditch the iron goblets and longships dancing in your head; this fermented honey concoction doesn’t just belong to the Norsemen. Take a gander below the equator and down the menu of Orlando’s Nile Ethiopian Restaurant to discover Ethiopian meads, called tej. These honey wines are seasoned with the powdered leaves and bark of an indigenous Ethiopian ...
June 5, 2013 - Orlando Weekly
- Winston Churchill in AgWeb
India is a geographical term,said Winston Churchill. "It is no more a united nation than the equator."
- Al Gore in AHN
I congratulate The Today Show for going to the Arctic and Antarctic and the equator, and really going all out to tell this story,Gore told co-anchor Merideth Vieira.
- Roger Daltrey in Washington Post
Daltrey, who wasn't made available for an interview, said in a statement: "When John died, it changed the balance of the band. Pete and I are at two opposite ends of the globe and John was the equator. Something happened. And it has given us a whole...