eponym : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the person for whom something is named
Constantine I is the eponym for Constantinople
- n the name derived from a person (real or imaginary)
Down's syndrome is an eponym for the English physician John Down
- Over the past century, the Nobel committees have, by and large, done right by their eponym.
- He sits on your desk looking intimidatingly like his eponym, the guy that almost conquered Rome, until you need tape and then presto: as you fold his trunk out, he induces a mid .
- Despite its eponym's legal troubles, marthastewart.
News & Articles
- Library gets Hillary Clinton title
A standing-room-only crowd roared into a frenzy in Little Rock on Monday as Hillary Rodham Clinton became the eponym for the Central Arkansas Library System’s Children’s Library and Learning Center.
July 9, 2013 - Arkansas Democrat-Gazette