epithelium : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n membranous tissue covering internal organs and other internal surfaces of the body
- Tiny finger-like projections in the small intestine's lining absorb fluid and nutrients into the blood through the capillary-rich layer beneath the epithelium.
- I wonder: What drug is used to stop lactation and what influence might that have on the breast ductal epithelium? The inflammatory hypothesis rings hollow at the moment: I feel .
- Although the epithelium always grew back, the cornea retained its new shape.
News & Articles
- Pilot clinical study into iPS cell therapy for eye disease starts in Japan
( RIKEN ) RIKEN is pleased to announce the launch of a pilot study to assess the safety and feasibility of the transplantation of autologous induced pluripotent stem cell-derived retinal pigment epithelium cell sheets in patients with exudative (wet-type) age-related macular degeneration.
July 30, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Cells move as concentration shifts
( Springer ) New research sheds new light on the physical mechanisms provoking the displacement of a sheet of cell, known as an epithelium. It covers our organs including the stomach and intestine, as well as our epidermis. In a paper about to appear in EPJ E, Martine Ben Amar from Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, explains the importance of understanding the displacement of the ...
July 29, 2013 - EurekAlert!