- a of or relating to a cuticle or cuticula
- Disney's final contribution to the fair is a modest attempt to revive Abraham Lincoln by rebuilding him out of steel, aluminum, gold, brass, soft epidermal plastic, air tubes .
- Cancer cells need epidermal growth factor to continue dividing; design a drug that blocks its action, and you can slow or even prevent further growth.
- First-degree burns, which are the least dangerous because they involve only the outer, epidermal, layer of the skin, usually do not require hospitalization.
- Samuel Johnson in Curetoday.com (press release)
Taken together, "the data are quite consistent in showing that mutated KRAS appears to be a very important negative predictor of patients who are unlikely to get a benefit from epidermal growth factor receptor antibody," Dr. Johnson noted.
- Jean Baudrillard in The Guardian
The whole paradigm of the sensory has changed,writes Baudrillard. "The tactility here is not the organic sense of touch: it implies merely an epidermal continuity of the eye and image, the collapse of the aesthetic distance involved in...