- n any of a group of picornaviruses that infect the gastrointestinal tract and can spread to other areas (especially the nervous system)
- The enterovirus strain, which attacks mainly children below the age of five, has spread quickly this month.
- Unlike the "bird flu" that caused six deaths in Hong Kong late last year, enterovirus type 71 appears annually in warm, wet Taiwan.
- The hepatitis bug's small size and its frequent presence in fecal matter indicate that it may actually be an enterovirus one of a group of particularly tiny viruses (including .
News & Articles
- Crohn’s Disease Linked to Common Virus
Researchers in Sweden have tentatively linked Crohn’s disease to an enterovirus that is commonly found in the intestines. Crohn’s disease is a type of inflammatory bowel disease that can cause chronic diarrhea and stomach pain. The cause of the disease …
June 27, 2013 - WebProNews
- Link shown between Crohn's disease and virus
( Uppsala University ) A new study reveals that all children with Crohn's disease that were examined had a commonly occurring virus -- an enterovirus -- in their intestines. This link has previously not been shown for this chronic inflammatory intestinal disorder. The findings are being published today in the latest issue of the international journal Clinical and Translational Gastroenterology.
June 27, 2013 - EurekAlert!