ensue : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v issue or terminate (in a specified way, state, etc.); end
- This inconveniences settlement of the divorce proceedings that shortly ensue, for a cranky judge (Dennis Miller) sentences them to six months "hard marriage," complete with .
- Steamy sex, guilt, retribution and manslaughter ensue.
- And with that, the demonstrators were officially branded "counter-revolutionary," a treasonous label, and the stage was set for the massacre that would ensue six weeks later.
News & Articles
- Wimbledon 2013 Schedule: When and Where to Catch Each Quarterfinal Matchup
The All England Club continues to impress, as Wimbledon has been as exciting as anyone could’ve imagined. On Tuesday, more chaos is bound to ensue, and you need to make sure you don’t miss one of the four matches. There are just eight women still in contention to win the Grand Slam title, and it’s anyone’s guess as to who’s going to survive going forward. It’s basically a toss-up for each of the ...
July 2, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- See the trailer for Kevin Hart's new movie with Ice Cube
The movie features Hart as a school security guard who tries to win over his potential future brother-in-law by joining him in a day on the job. Hijinks and short jokes surely will ensue.
July 1, 2013 - Philly.com
- Aaron Hernandez online jersey sales hotter than ever
REUTERSAaron Hernandez is in jailn on murder charges while eBay bidding wars ensue on his Patriots jerseys. While Aaron Hernandez is sitting in jail, denied bail on murder charges, the popularity of his Patriots jersey has soared. Some fans selling Hernandez merchandise on eBay are garnering more than double face...
July 1, 2013 - New York Post
- Dana Perino in USA Today
We urge restraint on all sides - that violence would be curtailed and that direct dialogue could ensue in order to help resolve their differences,White House spokeswoman Dana Perino told reporters.
- John McCain in Washington Post
Mr. McCain warns that the Democrats' approach "recklessly ignores the profound human calamity and dire threats to our security that would ensue" and speaks of the possible need to be in Iraq for years to come.
- Jean Charest in Toronto Star
I don't think forestry workers of Quebec deserve to be part of the election campaign (that would ensue should the budget be defeated),said Charest. "They need the help now and we should be moving now."