- s not clear to the understanding
- The enigmatical death of a rich man, who had carefully planned a suicide that would later send his hated cousin to a murderer's end, is cannily cleared up by quietly effective .
- The enigmatical Pertinax in the Echo de Paris had no kind comment to make upon President Coolidge's message to Congress: "It is an outline of American policy exclusively .
- In the air, lying between the Residency at Cairo and Downing Street, a stream of dots and dashes spelt enigmatical words which were decoded rapidly by experts.
- Mary Noailles Murfree in Globe and Mail
Author Mary Noailles Murfree, who spent most of her life in Tennessee, wrote this passage in her 1886 book In the Clouds: "But when asked what she was talking about she would only reply in enigmatical phrase, 'Laros to ketch meddlers.' And shake her...