- n (pregnancy) the mucous membrane that lines the uterus; thickens under hormonal control and (if pregnancy does not occur) is shed in menstruation; if pregnancy occurs it is shed along with the placenta at parturition
- For the first four or five days, her uterus sloughs off part of its lining (endometrium).
- The condition is caused by the spread and growth of tissue from the lining of the uterus (or endometrium) beyond the uterine walls.
- I am quoted as reporting: "In many cases of excessive bleeding from the endometrium (lining of the uterus) caused by tumors, application of ultracold through a larger cannula .
News & Articles
- Sugar-Sweetened Drinks May Boost Women's Uterine Cancer Risk
Postmenopausal women who drink beverages with added sugar may be more likely to develop cancer of the endometrium, which is the lining of the uterus, according to a new study. Researchers found the more sugar-sweetened beverages the women in their study drank, the higher their risk for developing estrogen-dependent endometrial cancer. And women who consumed the highest intake of sugar-sweetened ...
Nov. 22, 2013 - LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News