endless : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s tiresomely long; seemingly without end
an endless conversation
- s infinitely great in number
- s having no known beginning and presumably no end
time is endless
- s having the ends united so as to form a continuous whole
an endless chain
- Defining an addiction can be as difficult as breaking the habbits that satisfy your endless cravings.
- Sites like Smiley Central, which offers a seemingly endless assortment of cutesy creatures for dressing up e-mail, instant messages and blog posts, require you to download a .
- Thanks to the endless ballot-initiative system, in the four years that I've been here, I've voted on all kinds of stuff I have absolutely no understanding of: high-speed rail lines .
News & Articles
- FTC planning to take on patent trolls, hopes to reduce frivolous lawsuits
Sick of endless patent wars yet? According to the New York Times, so is the Federal Trade Commission. Referencing the usual persons briefed on the matter, the NYT reports that FTC chairwoman Edith Ramirez is preparing to propose an inquiry that will put patent-assertion entities -- companies that exist solely to buy and collect royalties on patents -- under federal scrutiny. If approved, patent ...
June 20, 2013 - Engadget
- Alligator Summer
This audacious farce features two southern families who have taken refuge in an attic, Anne Frank style, after an endless army of alligators have overrun their town.
June 20, 2013 - New York Times
- Endless Space: Disharmony settles on June 26
Ampltude Studios' Endless Space will launch its first premium expansion, Disharmony , on June 26 through Steam. Publisher Iceberg Interactive will also have an English retail version - key-only box with 16 page artbook - two days later. The expansion is priced at 10 in both $ and € Earth currency forms. The Disharmony expansion will add a new faction ("The Harmony") to the 4X strategy game, as ...
June 18, 2013 - Joystiq
- President Bush in Washington Post
Bush said in his May 1 speech on the USS Abraham Lincoln that the war on terrorism "is not over, yet it is not endless," and declared, "We do not know the day of final victory, but we have seen the turning of the tide."
- Barack Obama in USA Today
We have to summon the will to break the deadlock that has trapped generations of Israelis and Palestinians in an endless cycle of conflict and suffering,Obama said as he marked his most significant attempt at personal Middle East diplomacy...
- Vice President Dick Cheney in Washington Post
Extremists from inside and outside the country want to stir an endless cycle of violence, and al-Qaida is operating and trying to open new fronts,Cheney said.