endgame : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the final stages of an extended process of negotiation
the diplomatic endgame
- n the final stages of a chess game after most of the pieces have been removed from the board
- If things calm down after the Yukos endgame, investors may dismiss Yukos as an unfortunate one-off unless or until the bailiffs turn up at another corporate headquarters.
- But a lot of it had a distinct whiff of the endgame about it.
News & Articles
- First Thoughts: What's the endgame for Syria?
What’s the endgame for Syria?... And what happens next week at the G-8 summit in Northern Ireland… NBC/WSJ poll on a war-weary public… A tale of two different conferences today: Jeb Bush and Paul Ryan speak at Faith and Freedom in DC, while Chris Christie speaks at the Clinton Global Initiative… Bill Clinton grabbing headlines and Hillary Clinton defining TBD… And House GOP to hold immigration ...
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Analysis: Transforming Syria's war could take more than arming rebels
By Peter Apps and Myra Macdonald WASHINGTON/LONDON (Reuters) - - If the United States and allies genuinely want to change the course of the war in Syria, it may take considerably more than simply supplying the faltering opposition with weaponry. Western officials say they still believe the ultimate endgame - and possibly the exit of Bashar al-Assad - will be through a negotiated settlement. In ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Open Road and Endgame Releasing Acquire Homefront
Open Road Films and Endgame Releasing have struck a deal to acquire the U.S. distribution rights to Millennium Films' action thriller Homefront , directed by Gary Fleder ( Runaway Jury , Don't Say A Word ) from a screenplay by Sylvester Stallone and based on the book by Chuck Logan. The film stars Jason Statham, James Franco, Winona Ryder, Kate Bosworth, and Frank Grillo.
June 11, 2013 - Coming Soon
- Jon Tester in Washington Post
We're moving full steam ahead to get everyone on the same page, because we all support the endgame,Tester said in a statement. "And it's time we move forward with everyone working together at the table, with all options on the table....
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in New York Times
Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton said the president "refuses to face reality." "It's time for the president to answer the question being asked of him: in the wake of the failed surge, what is the endgame in Iraq?"