encrust : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cover or coat with a crust
- v decorate or cover lavishly (as with gems)
- v form a crust or a hard layer
- Scorched spices encrust the fish and mask its delicate flavor.
- They encrust the walls, drip from the roof like stalactites and overflow into the cubbyhole where the flight engineer sits.
- The "territory" is a dreadful place of waterless rivers where turtles encrust a rock like scabs, and the "so-oopwha wind" reddens the sky with sandstorms.
- Steve Squyres in Space.com
These look like hard outer shells on some parts of some outcrops, and they're darker and a little redder than the rock that they encrust,Squyres said.