encode : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v convert information into code
encode pictures digitally
- Yes, it can create (and lose) synapses, the connections between neurons that encode memories and learning.
- Neural activity triggers a biochemical cascade that reaches all the way to the nucleus of cells and the coils of DNA that encode specific genes.
- Zink's trick is to encode paper with billions of dye crystals.
News & Articles
- Supreme Court Voids Human Gene Patents
Reversing decades of federal patent awards, the justices ruled that human genes and the information they encode are not patent-eligible.
June 14, 2013 - Law.com
- Kari Stefansson in Times of India
Stefansson said: "What is clear is that these variants -- which are all near genes that encode nicotine metabolising enzymes and receptors -- are giving us a solid starting point for finding answers to advance personal and public health."
- Francis Collins in EurekAlert (press release)
Based on ENCODE's early success, we are moving forward with a full-scale initiative to build a parts list of biologically functional elements in the human genome,said NHGRI Director Francis S. Collins, MD, Ph.D. "The ENCODE pilot, which...
- Peter Robinson in ABC Online
Our research could enable websites to tailor advertising or products to your mood,Professor Robinson said. "For example, a webcam linked with our software could process your image, encode the correct emotional state and transmit...