encaustic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a paint consisting of pigment mixed with melted beeswax; it is fixed with heat after application
- The Greeks had a word for it: encaustic.
- To him the spots spelled encaustic, a method of painting with pigments mixed in hot wax, which was common among the ancients.
- His wax techniquea revival of the ancient encaustic method in which colors are mixed with hot wax and afterwards cooked into the canvasbrought him critical acclaim.
News & Articles
- Summer art show to open at Envi June 19
RACINE — Envi Ultra Lounge, 316 Main St., presents its local artist series with a summer show June 19-Oct. 19. Featured art and artists are: The animals of the Racine Zoo featuring painting, jewelry and ceramics; Jennifer Thompson, drawing and printmaking; Beth Cumbo, mixed media; John Hansen, digital art; and Maria Varga Hansen, encaustic painting and watercolor.
June 10, 2013 - The Journal Times
- Benjamin Franklin in Ocala Star-Banner
I picked her because she is a great person. She's such a wonderful person who does great things in the community,said Franklin, who has taught art locally and internationally. "There are very few people who do encaustic because it is very...