- v strive to equal or match, especially by imitating
- v imitate the function of (another system), as by modifying the hardware or the software
- v compete with successfully; approach or reach equality with
This artist's drawings cannot emulate his water colors
- Although brilliant, his poem cannot emulate the earthiness of his prose.
- Their conspicuous consumption has led the remaining 80% of society to emulate them.
- Ghetto kids, said a black police detective, "think he's the greatest thing since Muhammad Ali," an idol to emulate.
News & Articles
- Blekko Launches Izik For Smartphones, Adds Local Search Feature
Blekko has just launched a new smartphone version of its mobile search product izik, which until now was only for iPad and Android tablets. The app, now available in Apple’s App Store and in Google Play, tries to emulate the …
June 18, 2013 - WebProNews
- 9 new food trucks roll into Salt Lake
9 new food trucks roll into Salt Lake the Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 18, 2013 02:55PM MDT Food trucks are no fad. More restaurants on wheels continue to pop up around the Salt Lake Valley, hoping to emulate the success of the Chow Truck, which made its first appearance in 2010. SuAn Chow’s Asian fusion truck is so successful, she’s looking into a brick and mortar spot. This new generation ...
June 18, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Spurs' Ginobili seeks to emulate Wade's resurgence
Spurs' Ginobili seeks to emulate Wade's resurgence Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 10:43 pm, Friday, June 14, 2013 SAN ANTONIO - A proud, aging star stumbles through a struggling start to a playoff series. With his team's season on the line, he responds with his best game ...
June 15, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Toby Gerhart in msnbc.com
I'm there to complement the best running back in the league, Adrian Peterson,Gerhart said. "It's amazing. I remember when I first started college, Adrian Peterson was the man in college. I remember saying I want to emulate my game after...
- Leonardo DiCaprio in The Press Association
DiCaprio said: "I still have a lot to prove to myself. I have a lot of characters that I still want to play. When you're a young man and you've seen a lot of great cinematic performances in the past, you want to emulate them and you want to be...
- Tessa Jowell in Independent
We don't want to try to emulate Beijing,said Ms Jowell. "What we want is new ways of thinking about the opening ceremony. We want the whole of London to be involved, with different parts of London taking part in the ceremony. The London...