- n someone who violates a trust by taking (money) for his own use
- According to the Supreme Court, an embezzler must pay taxes on what he steals.
- The new cast is headed by James Spader as defense lawyer Alan Shore, an ethically challenged former embezzler who uses his powers of sleaze to help his colleagues, his clients .
- Von Dniken, a former Swiss hotelman and convicted embezzler with no formal scientific training, professes the notion that the species Homo sapiens was created when astronauts .
News & Articles
- LeRoy celebration remembers Cy Thomson, Oakdale Park
“Oak Dale Memories,” a celebration of the legacy of Hormel Foods embezzler Cy Thomson and memories of Oak Dale Park, will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at the LeRoy Community Center. Eileen Evans, coordinator of the event, set it up to give people an opportunity to come together and share memories of picnics, playing ball [...]
June 14, 2013 - Austin Daily Herald
- Conrad Black in Bloomberg
I have been horribly defamed, and I have been characterized and stigmatized as an embezzler,Black said in the third day of trial in Hollinger International's lawsuit against him. "I am trying, apart from the direct legal proceedings, to...
- Attila the Hun in Christian Science Monitor
Yet, "before the war, Karadzic was a nonentity," says Bosnian historian Marko Attila Hoare. "He was an embezzler, an opportunist. He has nothing to say, makes no intellectual contributions. His background is primitive."
- Vito Ciancimino in Independent
Vito Ciancimino, described by the Mafioso Tommaso Buscetta as "a pushy Corleonese embezzler", made a vast fortune in bribes.