- n extreme leanness (usually caused by starvation or disease)
- Despite her bruises, emaciation, shock and exposure, doctors said she would live.
- And worse,showing no physical or emotionally ill effects no pallor, emaciation or, for that matter, anger or fear as they approach life's end.
- He is thin almost to the point of emaciation, but his body is hard, and his jet-black eyes, set in a hawklike, bronzed face, burn with the fierceness that is characteristic of .
News & Articles
- 10 emaciated dogs being treated in Charlotte
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Ten emaciated dogs taken from a Rockingham County home are being treated at the Charlotte Humane Society. See pictures of the dogs here “They’re pretty bad, in terms of emaciation. Eye issues and some have skin conditions,” said Donna Canzano with the Humane Society. The underweight canines were rescued from a home in Rockingham County. The owner, a woman with mental health ...
Sept. 18, 2013 - WCNC Charlotte
- George Orwell in Science Daily (press release)
But the truly frightening thing was the emaciation of his body. The barrel of the ribs was as narrow as that of a skeleton: the legs had shrunk so that the knees were thicker than the thighs:the curvature of the spine was astonishing,Orwell...