- n extreme leanness (usually caused by starvation or disease)
- The symptoms are: remittent fever, emaciation, roughening of, the hair and especially enlargement of the spleen and liver.
- There were reports on wound treatment, conservation of blood, preparation of dried plasma, transfusions, treatment of alimentary emaciation, and a "detailed account of the .
- After that he may die, but "emaciation" sounds more cheerful than "atomic death.
News & Articles
- 10 emaciated dogs being treated in Charlotte
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Ten emaciated dogs taken from a Rockingham County home are being treated at the Charlotte Humane Society. See pictures of the dogs here “They’re pretty bad, in terms of emaciation. Eye issues and some have skin conditions,” said Donna Canzano with the Humane Society. The underweight canines were rescued from a home in Rockingham County. The owner, a woman with mental health ...
Sept. 18, 2013 - WCNC Charlotte
- George Orwell in Science Daily (press release)
But the truly frightening thing was the emaciation of his body. The barrel of the ribs was as narrow as that of a skeleton: the legs had shrunk so that the knees were thicker than the thighs:the curvature of the spine was astonishing,Orwell...