elm : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of various trees of the genus Ulmus: important timber or shade trees
- n hard tough wood of an elm tree; used for e.g. implements and furniture
- Fighting for a favorite tree Graceful and majestic, their delicate, almond-shaped leaves framed against summer skies, elms once grew thickly in the forests of the eastern.
- In 1967 he changed the 500-member organization's name to Elm Research Institute and aimed it at the root of the problem.
- The elm is doomed and must be drastically pruned or felled.
News & Articles
- Little Elm police welcome new officer
Bill Conrad / Staff Photo: Leo is the newest member of the Little Elm Police Department. The 19-month-old Belgian Malinois is trained to locate narcotics, as well as track and apprehend suspects. His handler is Det. Chad Barfknecht, a 4 1/2-year veteran of the department.
June 24, 2013 - The Little Elm Journal
- A long-awaited flagpole installed at Elm Terrace Gardens
LANSDALE - Ninety-year-old Walt Garner has wanted a flagpole at Elm Terrace Gardens since he became a resident eight years ago. His dream has now come true. On Monday morning, a dedication ceremony was held at the newly-installed flagpole at 6th and Broad with about 50 Elm Terrace residents in attendance - most dressed in red, white and blue - and members of the Pennsylvania National Guard's ...
June 24, 2013 - The Reporter
- Little Elm Trail, Anderson Mill Road on list of Cedar Park road projects
Extending Little Elm Trail to South Bell Boulevard and improving the northern portion of Anderson Mill Road are among several projects Cedar Park city staff is seeking funding for this year.
June 21, 2013 - Austin American-Statesman
- Max Reger in Centre Daily Times
Michael Reger, Northern Oil Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We believe the innovation of Slawson Exploration to target the upper shale as a producing zone in the far Southwestern edge of the previously developed Elm Coulee field is indicative...
- Robert Englund in News1130
As for rumours that a remake of 1984's "A Nightmare of Elm Street" is in the works, Englund said he thinks it's a good idea because he feels it could use updated special effects - but he doesn't think he'd be part of it.
- Shirley Turner in The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
You've all heard of 'Nightmare on Elm Street,'said Sen. Shirley Turner (D-Mercer). "Well, this budget is 'Nightmare on State Street.'"