ellipsis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n omission or suppression of parts of words or sentences
- The researchers' log reads, in chilling ellipsis: "Family of three drive by, stop.
- Their orbit is a vast ellipsis swinging beyond even Jupiter, and along its path race hunks of stone, iron and other minerals.
- At this crack at Tom Dewey's campaign of quotation by ellipsis, Franklin Roosevelt got a tremendous hand.
News & Articles
- Hampton Roads Community Calendar
Click on the ellipsis (...) for event description. Click on plus sign (+) to add an event to your calendar.
June 20, 2013 - Daily Press
- Rick Perry in San Antonio Express
Perry, saying he is running harder than ever before, told his supporters including local elected officials, "This race : (ellipsis) is not going to the chronic complainer or the shrillest critic. This race is going to go to the strongest leader."
- Tommy Blake in Vero Beach Press-Journal (subscription)
I didn't see myself in the NFL as a running back, but I did see myself in the NFL doing something,Blake said. "I figured it would be on defense. Some schools recruited me as a tailback, as a linebacker, as an end;ellipsis}"