elitist : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who believes in rule by an elite group
- After several brutal days of trying to defend himself against accusations of being an "out-of-touch elitist" , Barack Obama faces a major overriding challenge in tonight's .
- But the Obama stereotype is a wealthy Ivy League elitist.
- Tonight's debate gives the embattled candidate his best chance to change the perception that he is an elitist.
News & Articles
- Yonkers Results
FIRST-mile pace; $11,000; claiming 3 PmbrkAlcBsh(MMcDnld) 16.80 9.20 9.00 7 Terrys Star Dragon(BSears) 6.40 4.60 5 Irish Elitist (L Stalbaum) 10.20 * Exacta (3-7) $85.50 * Triple (3-7-5) $555.00 SECOND-1 1/16 ml pc; $24,000; cond 3 BbyBoyGrn(LStlbum) 8...
June 22, 2013 - New York Post
- Yonkers graded entries
Post Time: 7:10 p.m. Best Bet: Calchips Brute (7th) FIRST: Mile pace; $11,000; claiming 7 Terrys Star Dragon (BSears) 3-2-1 3-1 2 Beau Rivage N (GBrennan) 8-3-2 4-1 5 Irish Elitist (LStalbaum) 2-4-5 5-1 1 Diamond DanN (Pantaleano) 6-3-6 6-1 3 PembrkeAlecBsh (MMcDnld) 6-2-4 6-1 4 Manchine...
June 21, 2013 - New York Post
- Watch Kanye West's 'American Psycho' Promo Video for 'Yeezus' Starring Scott Disick
Scott Disick 's made it known in the past that if they ever reboot American Psycho , he wants in on the lead — as a rich, slick elitist with a dick-ish attitude, this wouldn't be the craziest casting decision in the world. He even dressed up as Patrick Bateman for Halloween one year. That's how badly Disick wants to role. Thanks to his kinda-sorta-brother-in-law Kanye West , Disick finally got a ...
June 18, 2013 - Zimbio
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Terre Haute Tribune Star
His Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, responded at a campaign event in Indianapolis that she was "taken aback by the demeaning remarks Senator Obama made about people in small-town America. Senator Obama's remarks are elitist and they are out of...
- Lynn Westmoreland in FOXNews
Speaking to reporters Thursday, Rep. Lynn Westmoreland of Grantville, Ga., described the Obamas as members of an "elitist-class ...... that thinks that they're uppity," according to The Hill, a Capitol Hill newspaper.
- John McCain in New York Times
Unlike the elitist view that believes Americans cling to guns out of bitterness, today's ruling recognizes that gun ownership is a fundamental right - sacred, just as the right to free speech and assembly,Mr. McCain said.