- s suggestive of an elf in strangeness and otherworldliness
thunderbolts quivered with elfin flares of heat lightning
- s small and delicate
she was an elfin creature--graceful and delicate
obsessed by things elfin and small
- a relating to or made or done by or as if by an elf
all the little creatures joined in the elfin dance
- s usually good-naturedly mischievous
perpetrated a practical joke with elfin delight
- It's a set because the film tells two stories: one of young Takeshi Kaneshiro falling for ageless Brigitte Lin, the other pairing Hong Kong cop Tony Leung Chiu-wai with the elfin .
- Bill Wadman for PTI Slender, with elfin cheekbones and a distinctive bloom of spirally brown hair, Gladwell is one of those clever people who actually looks clever.
- Slender, with elfin cheekbones and a distinctive bloom of spirally brown hair, Gladwell is one of those clever people who actually looks clever.
- Donovan in Broadway World
Curtain Up (Deirdre Donovan) wrote, "This is an event to be enjoyed for its rich artfulness.......... Vit Horejs directs with an elfin touch that casts a magical aura over the entire evening's proceedings."
- Don Burke in The Age
There was an elfin quality about him that was wonderful,said Mr Burke. "You can't compare him to modern gardeners. If Kevin was anything it was a celebration of ordinariness."