- n an elementary particle with negative charge
- Modern physicists are concerned with the infinitely largethe universeand the indefinitely smallthe electron.
- Thus, if we create an electron-positron pair and the positron later annihilates in a collision with another, different electron, we could view this as a single electron executing a .
- By a clever device Chairman Robert Andrews Millikan of the California Institute of Technology was able to measure the electrical charge of the electron, the indivisible unit of .
News & Articles
- New quantum dot technique combines best of optical and electron microscopy
Researchers have developed a new microscopy technique that uses a process similar to how an old tube television produces a picture to image nanoscale features. Combining the best features of optical and scanning electron microscopy, the fast, versatile, and high-resolution technique allows scientists to view surface and subsurface features potentially as small as 10 nanometers in size.
June 12, 2013 - Science Daily
- Protochips™ Ships 100th In Situ Electron Microscopy System
Protochips, maker of in situ electron microscopy, shipped its 100th system: a Double Tilt Aduro™ 300 was sent to Dr. David Muller, co-director, Kavli Institute at Cornell for Nanoscale Science.
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- The Future Of Electron Beam Curing
The first experiments with electron beams date from as early as 1920 in the US, but the first attempts to cure varnishes with Electron Beam Curing (EBC) were only made in 1960.By David Helsby, RadTech Europe President
June 11, 2013 - ChemicalOnline
- Ferenc Krausz in Times of India
Our investigations shed light on the electrons' interactions with one another on atomic scale,said Krausz. "These to-date poorly understood interactions have a fundamental influence on electron movements in tiniest dimensions, which...
- Alex Filippenko in Science Daily (press release)
We used electron cryotomography, a new technique in microscopy based on ultra-fast freezing of cells, in order to study and obtain three-dimensional images of synapsis, the cellular structure in which the communication between neurons takes place... Max Planck http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Planck&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGXc2xM_r8W7sdhRX9Aequ7TPhxRg Science Daily (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100122102427.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHr3_gbajz5mLNebfV2ur4skWZU9w Jan 22, 2010
32149 41433 electron The central part of the huge star had fused to oxygen near the end of its life, and was very hot," Filippenko explains. "Then the most energetic photons of light turned into electron-positron pairs, robbing the core of pressure and causing...