- n a common shrub with black fruit or a small tree of Europe and Asia; fruit used for wines and jellies
- n berrylike fruit of an elder used for e.g. wines and jellies
- Sam Picalas made 60 gals, of elderberry wine.
- Had it not been for the elderberry wine, Harold would not have been drunk, Annette more drunk.
- Then came the flavors elderberry, lychee, orange-ginger and herb plus a spritz of carbonation.
News & Articles
- Elderberry gets me thinking with my stomach
A plant that always gets me to thinking with my stomach is common elderberry (Sambucus canadensis), which is just now coming into bloom along roadsides in the lower elevations throughout Western North Carolina.
June 19, 2013 - Smoky Mountain News
- The Reporters Mature Living Expo returns Thursday
The Reporter's eighth annual Mature Living Expo, scheduled for Thursday, will feature a seminar by Master Gardener Jane Irvin-Klotz on elderberry. According to Irvin-Klotz, the plant's extract can be used to make cough syrup and jellies. She also said its flowers can be fried. "Elderberry has been useful for centuries," Irvin-Klotz said. "I'm sure many of the people at the seminar will remember ...
June 17, 2013 - The Reporter