egregious : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible
an egregious lie
- The most egregious was a basic calculation error tantamount to confusing feet with meters that understated the cost of the necessary environmental mitigation by about $200 million.
- In the book, you managed to retain a surprising amount of empathy for everyone involved, even the most egregious offenders, like CFO Scott Sullivan.
- The 25-year mandatory-minimum requirement was fine-tuned to apply only to egregious cases such as those involving children under the age of 6 or the use of a deadly weapon.
News & Articles
- Goldman Sachs’s Trial Win in Dragon Systems Deal Upheld
Goldman Sachs Group Inc.’s missteps advising speech-recognition pioneer Dragon Systems Inc. in a merger weren’t egregious enough under the law to warrant damages, a federal judge ruled.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- One police supervisor fired, others disciplined in deadly chase
One Cleveland police supervisor has been fired for what's described as "egregious" actions during a deadly high-speed pursuit last November. There were a total of 46 supervisors working that night. Two supervisors have also been demoted and nine others suspended anywhere from one to 30 days.
June 11, 2013 - 19 Action News Cleveland
- Election bill OK'd with major changes
Democrats say "most egregious" measures removed.
June 10, 2013 - La Crosse Tribune
- Barack Obama in TheStranger.com
I have said repeatedly that I think that the death penalty should be applied in very narrow circumstances for the most egregious of crimes,Obama told reporters, trying to walk a fine line but mainly, as far as death penalty opponents on the...
- Nancy Pelosi in Washington Post
If these charges are proven true, they constitute an egregious and unacceptable abuse of public trust and power,said Pelosi, D-Calif. "Democrats are committed to upholding a high ethical standard and eliminating corruption and unethical...
- Andrew Cuomo in New York Daily News (blog)
Siphoning money from a charity would be egregious under any circumstances, but the fact that this was orchestrated by the state Senate majority leader makes it especially reprehensible,Cuomo said.