glaring : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v look at with a fixed gaze
- v be sharply reflected
- v shine intensely
- s shining intensely
the glaring sun
- s conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible
a glaring error
- It is possible to see cancer as a light: bright, glaring and harsh.
- Thus a monument to the conquest of polio faithful to the facts would consist of not one man in a white lab coat but two of them glaring at each other.
- A glaring conflict of interest is one possibility: these outfits are paid for their ratings by the bond issuer.
News & Articles
- Detroit Tigers Struggling Offense or Closer Jose Valverde: Which Is Worse?
The Detroit Tigers have quite a few glaring weaknesses for a team that leads its division by 4.5 games, namely struggling closer Jose Valverde and an anemic offense that only shows up for six innings a night. Manager Jim Leyland has come under scrutiny in recent weeks because of these woes plaguing a team that should be competing for the best record in baseball behind Miguel Cabrera, Justin ...
June 15, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- 4 Undrafted Carolina Panthers Who Could Prove to Be Gems
Most teams use the NFL draft to find the future of their team. The draft is designed to allow teams to continue to build upon the previous year's success or plug holes for a glaring need. Some players aren't fortunate enough to be drafted and sign with a team of their choosing. Sometimes these players see limited success as a professional player. However, there are others who go on to have a ...
June 14, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Jerry Jones' Poor Decisions as GM, Not Jason Garrett's Play-Calling Has Doomed the 'Boys
COMMENTARY | The offseason of change continues in Valley Ranch as per head coach Jason Garrett, offensive coordinator Bill Callahan has officially been designated the play-caller for the Dallas Cowboys. The move to Callahan is simply another attempt by Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to distract the fans from the glaring personnel issues that currently plague the franchise.
June 13, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- Terry Francona in Minneapolis Star Tribune
It's a lot of pitches, a lot of deep counts,Francona said. "Saying that, he made the one glaring mistake to Lofton."
- Christopher Dell in Guardian Unlimited
One would hope that in the glaring light of the growing brutality of the Zimbabwean government, those states would finally feel moved to act. They can no longer deny that there is a real crisis on the way here,Dell said.
- Steve Bruce in Sportinglife.com
For me it was a penalty,said Bruce. "There are no excuses because Titus should stay on his feet. Again, it was a glaring error of judgment by him. We are all told that you never go to ground when you don't have to in the penalty area, so...