effluent : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n water mixed with waste matter
- s that is flowing outward
- At Kumbh Mela, nobody told these simple people about the real problem of pollution; sewerage and industrial effluent flow into the Ganges, and dead bodies are also thrown into .
- Richmond, on Sydney's outskirts, takes water from the Hawkesbury River, into which treated effluent is discharged, as does Adelaide, from the Murray.
- Not only would effluent charges bring in an estimated $1.
News & Articles
- Cosmo says temporary odor problem a result of draining ponds
Central Park residents needn’t worry, the smell that has been wafting east from the Cosmo Specialty Fibers mill will soon be gone, the company says. Bob Buchan, a mill spokesman, said the odor was the result of some much-needed maintenance being performed on two of the facility’s effluent treatment ponds. The ponds were drained last week so workers could access the aerators, and the mud lining ...
June 15, 2013 - The Daily World
- Stringent Effluent Standards & Shrinking Water Resources Spur Demand for Membrane Separation Technologies, According ...
GIA announces the release of a comprehensive global report on Membrane Separation Technologies markets. Global market for Membrane Separation Technologies is projected to exceed US$19 billion by 2018, driven by increasing demand for clean water, expanding application areas, and stringent regulatory norms on release of effluents by paper, metal and chemical industries. (PRWeb June 14, 2013) Read ...
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- FFA grant gives Liberty Ranch High School students research experience
Liberty Ranch High School students Ronii Belton and Dillon Montgomery collect effluent water to test its quality in Galt.
June 13, 2013 - Lodi News-Sentinel
- Mitch Daniels in Times Online
Mr Daniels said: "For now, let's hope [BP's decision] quiets the hypocrisy of politicians elsewhere whose states dump vastly greater amounts of effluent in the Great Lakes and other bodies of water."
- Russel Norman in Stuff.co.nz
Labour took advantage of clean and green as tourism boomed, but put up no fight to protect our rivers and lakes while those waterways were being overwhelmed by dairy effluent,Dr Norman said. "Labour invested in clean green branding PR but...
- David Campbell in The Age
The Botany Aquifer proposal raises concerns about drinking recycled effluent and would need comprehensive health risks assessments and community consultation,said NSW Minister for Water Utilities David Campbell.