- s suggestive of the supernatural; mysterious
an eerie feeling of deja vu
- s inspiring a feeling of fear; strange and frightening
an uncomfortable and eerie stillness in the woods
an eerie midnight howl
- In a year when its economic policy generally has been lurching from failure to disaster, the Nixon Administration has been able to take solace from a positively eerie quiet on the.
- In the pavilion the labyrinth is evoked by a series of eerie corridors and chambers, including one auditorium where audiences peer down from galleries on a swimming pool-sized .
- The CDC acknowledged his role with an eerie sobriquet: it called him Patient Zero.
News & Articles
- 4 Zone Cameras Capture Storm Rolling Through Downtown
An eerie sight was caught on our 4 Zone Cameras as Wednesday afternoon's storms rolled through downtown San Antonio.
June 12, 2013 - WOAI San Antonio
- Know what a tornado siren sounds like?
It's an eerie sound that some of us have heard before, a tornado siren signaling there is significant risk of damage from a tornado in the area. How do these sirens work? Who's responsible for them? What purpose do they serve?
June 12, 2013 - Toledo News Now
- Feast Your Eyes on Six Time Lapse Videos of Street Artists at Work
Graffiti is cool and it knows it. From the early days of TAKI 183 writing his name on the subway wall to the latest innovative techniques ranging from the eerie look of drip ink to the fleeting glow of digital ink , this art form for the masses has always been surrounded by that hip aura, in part, because it tends to be made in secret. It was like this during the Wild Style days of painting ...
June 12, 2013 - Gizmodo
- Alonso Duralde in FOXNews
Reviewing the film for MSNBC, Alonso Duralde wrote that Bale's Batman in "Batman Begins" "sounded absurdly deep, like a 10-year-old putting on an `adult' voice to make prank phone calls. This time, Bale affects an eerie rasp, somewhat akin to Brenda...
- Jerry Pate in Seattle Post Intelligencer
I had never spread anyone's ashes before, and at first it seemed kind of eerie,Pate said. "But when I had the opportunity to spread Conrad's it was a real honor."
- David Wells in SI.com
I'd rather get eaten by a lion than get bitten by a snake,Wells said. "That's just an eerie thing because you're crawling in tall grass, so you're on all fours crawling, you don't know if one's right there."