- n submerged marine plant with very long narrow leaves found in abundance along North Atlantic coasts
- n submerged aquatic plant with ribbonlike leaves; Old World and Australia
- The disappearance of the eelgrass upset the entire balance of eastern shoreline life.
- At week's end, she was chewing contentedly on eelgrass and seaweed, rising to the surface every three to five minutes to gulp fresh air and peer shortsightedly at the tourists and .
- Beds of luminous eelgrass blow in the liquid winds like mermaids' hair.