edutainment : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n entertainment that is intended to be educational
- Here's the logic of interactive "edutainment": if kids watch so much TV and play so many video games that they have no time for books, the key is to trick them into reading (and .
- Efforts to get kids on the Ivy League track now begin at infancy, and in the past few years, the so-called edutainment market for babies and toddlers has exploded.
- In a world where kids' sites are dominated by edutainment, FirstGov for Kids is refreshingly educational.
- Donovan in PR Newswire (press release)
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20051115/LATU145LOGO ) "Comic Book Creator is a truly unique product in its ability to merge different forms of popular entertainment for fun and educational purposes, thus creating edutainment," said...
- Peter Fonseca in Niagara Falls Review
I like the term 'edutainment' and that's what I thought it was,Fonseca said.
- Brad Wardell in CBC.ca
First and foremost it's a strategy game,Wardell told the Canadian Press. "When I even see the 'edutainment' label put on, I just cringe because we're a game company. We're not trying to educate people, it's more of an accident."