- n the environment as it relates to living organisms
it changed the ecology of the island
- n the branch of biology concerned with the relations between organisms and their environment
- Corbett, now 58, was a young homebuilder in the early '70s, when he and his wife Judy began thinking of ways to combine environmental ecology with social ecology, which uses .
- Twenty-five years ago, Von Uexkull approached the Nobel Foundation in Stockholm to suggest adding Nobel Prizes for ecology and efforts to fight poverty in the Third World to its .
- Facebook also provides a flexible information ecology, offering a fairly open system that allows users to add small applications to pages.
News & Articles
- Yard Smart Garden Walk, lunch, talk planned for June 29
NORMAL — The Ecology Action Center’s 11th annual Yard Smart Garden Walk will be June 29. The free tour highlights yards that protect the environment, benefit wildlife and use few or no synthetic chemicals.
June 14, 2013 - The Pantagraph
- Department of Ecology approves Buckley’s shoreline master program
The Washington Department of Ecology has approved Buckley’s updated shoreline master program.
June 13, 2013 - The Enumclaw Courier-Herald
- Open house on groundwater contamination set for June 13
The Washington Department of Ecology (Ecology) invites the public to an open house Thursday in Algona about the ongoing investigation into groundwater contamination that has spread from property in Auburn owned by The Boeing Company (Boeing) into parts of Algona and Auburn. Ecology directs the investigation, which is conducted and paid for by Boeing. Investigators conduct studies to find the ...
June 12, 2013 - KIRO 7 Seattle-Tacoma
- Barack Obama in Financial Times
The local economies and livelihoods of the people of the Gulf coast, as well as the ecology of the region are at stake,Mr Obama said.
- Stewart Udall in Daily Beast
If in our haste to 'progress,' the economics of ecology are disregarded by citizens and policymakers alike, the result will be an ugly America,Udall wrote in 1963. "We cannot afford an America where expedience tramples upon esthetics and...
- Dianne Feinstein in Los Angeles Times
The 10-year extension of the Drakes Bay Oyster Company's lease will preserve 30 jobs at the last remaining oyster farm cannery on the West Coast while making sure that the ecology of the estuary is protected,Feinstein said in a written...