- n a gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number)
- v flow back or recede
- v hem in fish with stakes and nets so as to prevent them from going back into the sea with the ebb
- v fall away or decline
- Around him he saw his Socialist Party disintegrating; within him he felt his strength ebbing.
- In his 16 years at city hall, Daley, 62, has presided over the city's transition from graying hub to vibrant boomtown, with a newly renovated football stadium, an ebbing murder .
- As the poison dripped down Feng Xiaodan's throat, she imagined her toil and agony finally ebbing away.
News & Articles
- AUD/USD Technical Analysis: 20-Month Low Set Below 0.94
AUD/USD Technical Analysis – Prices broke support in the 0.9542-80 area, marked by the June 2012 low and the 23.6% Fibonacci expansion, to test the 38.2% level at 0.9388. A further push downward targets the 50% Fib at 0.9264. Alternatively, a move back above 0.9580 eyes the June 3 high at 0.9791. Positive RSI divergence warns of ebbing bearish momentum.
June 10, 2013 - Daily FX
- NZD/USD Technical Analysis: Four-Year Support Line Broken
NZD/USD Technical Analysis – Prices pierced critical support marked by the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement (0.7921) and a rising trend line set from June 2009. Sellers now target the 76.4% level at 0.7743, a barrier reinforced by a secondary trend line set from August 2010. Alternatively, a move back above 0.7921 eyes the 50% Fib at 0.8065. Positive RSI divergence warns of ebbing bearish momentum.
June 10, 2013 - Daily FX
- Key to government’s monitoring power lies in war, technology
As war on terror shows signs of ebbing, surveillance systems created amid effort continue unabated.
June 8, 2013 - Washington Post
- Nouri al-Maliki in USA Today
Over the remainder of 2008, the effects of monetary policy and fiscal stimulus, a gradual ebbing of the drag from residential construction, further progress in the repair of financial and credit markets, and still-solid demand from abroad should... Ben Bernanke http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Bernanke&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEsTNLK-7-f3R5-thHohB-P27CEdw MarketWatch http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/bernanke-says-slowdown-bring-inflation/story.aspx%3Fguid%3D%257BB17B9D54-A9A8-4B31-8F65-2AD170A5B561%257D%26dist%3Dmsr_1&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFWIb2YzhTIRQsaDOVj8PPueCxOuA Jun 9, 2008
31368 40403 ebbing We are all realizing now that what Baghdad was seeing every day - dead bodies in the streets and morgues - is ebbing remarkably," al-Maliki told reporters at his office in the US-guarded Green Zone.
- Osama bin Laden in Times Online
The American tide is ebbing, so it is best for you to press your leaders to change their policies,bin Laden said, addressing Europeans and referring to their countries' military contributions in Afghanistan.