earldom : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the dignity or rank or position of an earl or countess
- n the domain controlled by an earl or count or countess
- Eden declined the earldom that goes, by long tradition, to departing Prime Ministers.
- Announcement of former Prime Minister Clement Attlee's dissolution honors list included an earldom for Viscount Jowitt, the Labor government's Lord Chancellor; a Companionship of .
- Although he succeeded to his earldom in 1925, and returned to England to sit in the House of Lords, he found he was more at home on a ranch, shuttled back forth between .