ear : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the sense organ for hearing and equilibrium
- n good hearing
he had a keen ear
a good ear for pitch
- n the externally visible cartilaginous structure of the external ear
- n attention to what is said
he tried to get her ear
- n fruiting spike of a cereal plant especially corn
- The link seems obvious, but a new study is the first to suggest that inner-ear imbalances, which are common among older adults, may be causing many preventable falls.
- It was the American golfer Fred Couples who earned the nickname Boom Boom in the 1990s with his explosive tee shots.
- Excerpt: "'I was coming to find you,' he says, breathes, almost into my ear.
News & Articles
- Elfrida resident shot in ear
Trisha MaldonadoDouglas Dispatch A 17 year old Elfrida resident was shot in the ear after an argument started with another 17 year old May 31.
June 22, 2013 - Douglas Dispatch
- Hannibal's Ear-Popping (Ew!) Finale: Boss Bryan Fuller Spills What's Next
Lend us your ear for some Hannibal scoop! And yes, that is totally a reference to the bat-poop craziness that just went down in the finale. [Don't read if you haven't seen it...
June 21, 2013 - E! Online
- Ear infections and problems in your pets
Your pet could have an ear infection and you don't even know it. Dr. Jeremy Varga from Austin Veterinary Diagnostic Hospital joins FOX 7 to talk about the causes, symptoms, and how to prevent ear infe
June 19, 2013 - FOX 7 Austin
- Bertrand Piccard in infocera
Mr. Piccard was quoted saying, "When you took off it was another era. You land in a new ear where people understand that with renewable energy you can do impossible things."
- Roger Clemens in Bleacher Report
Clemens went so far as to say if he was using steroids, he would have "a third ear coming out of my forehead" and that "I should be pulling tractors with my teeth."
- Dawn Fraser in SwimmingWorldMagazine.com
This guy came out of the gate and grabbed me and I grabbed him by the ear and I kicked him in the groin,Fraser told several Australian television stations. "So he had to let me go. He threatened my life and I got really annoyed about that...