dyslexia : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n impaired ability to learn to read
- Researchers have discovered a genetic reason for dyslexia -- a problem that keeps millions from reading well.
- The New Science of Dyslexia It was great to see the story on new research and teaching approaches to dyslexia SCIENCE, July 28.
- Researchers may have found a cause for dyslexia .
News & Articles
- Unraveling The Mystery Of Dyslexia Through Genetic Research
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Many students are not diagnosed with dyslexia and other learning disabilities until high school, making treatments less effective. A new study of the genetic origins of these conditions by the Yale School of Medicine could allow for earlier diagnoses and more successful interventions. The research team, led by Jeffrey R. Gruen , MD, professor ...
June 14, 2013 - redOrbit
- Genetics of dyslexia and language impairment unraveled
A new study of the genetic origins of dyslexia and other learning disabilities could allow for earlier diagnoses and more successful interventions, according to researchers. Many students now are not diagnosed until high school, at which point treatments are less effective.
June 13, 2013 - Science Daily
- Yale researchers unravel genetics of dyslexia and language impairment
( Yale University ) A new study of the genetic origins of dyslexia and other learning disabilities could allow for earlier diagnoses and more successful interventions, according to researchers at Yale School of Medicine. Many students now are not diagnosed until high school, at which point treatments are less effective.
June 13, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Graham Stringer in Reuters UK
The education establishment, rather than admit that their eclectic and incomplete methods for instruction are at fault, have invented a brain disorder called dyslexia,Stringer wrote in a column for the Manchester Confidential website....
- Henry Winkler in WalesOnline
School was unbelievably hard for me,he said. "Teachers didn't know what dyslexia was at that time, so I was labelled a trouble-maker. I was the class clown. I got a bad grade in everything but lunch. I was told I was stupid, lazy and not...
- Aamir Khan in Thaindian.com (blog)
I want my film, which has been made on a sensible topic like dyslexia, to be viewed by as many people as possible, which is only possible if it gets selected in the final five as 'Lagaan' was selected,said Aamir.