dynasty : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a sequence of powerful leaders in the same family
- Henry Pu Yi started out life as an anachronism, a boy emperor of a fading dynasty.
- Thus, when the Manchu dynasty at last collapsed in 1911, in some measure because of the ceaseless pressure exerted by Sun and his revolutionary followers, he was named provisional .
- LOUISIANA A Dynasty Ends When Louisiana's Governor Earl Long got to thinking about the end of his term this year, he mulled over some ideas for carrying on the Long dynasty.
- LeBron James in ABC News
They have a dynasty already at work,said LeBron James, whose second son, Bryce Maximus James, was born early Thursday morning. "They don't have the greatest athletes in the world, they don't have the greatest shooters in the world, but...
- Elizabeth Banks in Seattle Post Intelligencer
We're telling it while he's still in office, which has never been done,said Elizabeth Banks, who plays Laura Bush. "The Bush family is a political dynasty. In America, it's the closest thing we have to a political dynasty. Other than John...
- Warren Buffett in Washington Post
The resources of society I don't think should pass along in terms of an aristocratic dynasty of wealth,Buffett told the panel. "I believe in keeping equality of opportunity as much as you can in this country."