dwarfish : Definition, Usages, News and More
- It had this weird proboscis out front and a bulky, glass cabin in back, and the whole thing was situated on dwarfish wheels.
- Helping them fall in love, and more than a little in love with them both, is Billy Kwan (Linda Hunt), a dwarfish man who works as a photographer and functions as an all-knowing .
- To the title role of Louis Gruen-berg's The Emperor Jones he brought an eerie sense of terror, sending his great voice booming among the dwarfish, treelike forms that grew .
News & Articles
- Climate Scientist Takes on Tolkien's Middle Earth
If a dark wizard chops down a forest -- technically a renewable biofuel -- to feed the machine of industry, is his carbon footprint still zero? What are the fugitive methane levels of dwarfish gem mines? How much carbon is sequestered by the average adult Ent? [More]
Dec. 18, 2013 - Scientific American
- Dahlia Ravikovitch in Ha'aretz
As poet Dahlia Ravikovitch wrote so wonderfully and ironically: "In the southern tip of the garden, where the sprinkler cannot reach, it's like Australia: dry, with dwarfish shrubs."
- Truman Capote in Hindu
Perry, though a murderer, aroused another response,writes Capote. "He possessed the quality, the aura of an exiled animal, a creature walking wounded that no one could disregard. He was the dwarfish boy-man seated on the metal chair, his...