duty-free : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s exempt from duty
- The days of walking onto an airplane with duty-free bags sloshing with Champagne and cologne are over.
- With the introduction of handbag collections, remodeled stores and multimillion-dollar ad campaigns, Galliano has reinvented Dior, transforming it from a dowdy duty-free label into .
- From makeshift booths where travelers could pick up whisky or cigarettes, duty-free shops at international airports have blossomed within a few years into bazaars of the jet.
News & Articles
- US senators urge suspension of Bangladesh trade privileges after garment industry disaster
WASHINGTON — Nine Democratic senators are urging President Barack Obama to suspend trade privileges for Bangladesh until it improves worker safety. The president is expected by month's end to decide whether to curtail duty-free access for the South Asian nation because of labor rights concerns.
June 25, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Renovated terminal to be unveiled at LA airport
newly renovated terminal at Los Angeles International Airport could make it tough to remember there's a plane to catch. When it opens in August, the 150,000-square-foot Great Hall at the cavernous Tom Bradley International Terminal will highlight the excesses of Los Angeles, with a lineup of duty-free shops featuring luxe boutiques such as Hermes and Gucci.
June 24, 2013 - Contra Costa Times
- New LAX terminal nearly open with 60 shops
A newly renovated terminal at Los Angeles International Airport could make it tough to remember there's a plane to catch. When it opens in August, the cavernous Tom Bradley International Terminal will highlight the excesses of Los Angeles, with a lineup of duty-free shops featuring luxe boutiques such as Hermes and Gucci.
June 24, 2013 - Eyewitness News Bakersfield
- Tommy Broughan in FOXNews
When Ryanair introduced this euro30 extra duty-free charge, many passengers joked that next they would be charged for using the toilet - not realizing that this indeed seems to be the newest extra charge on Ryanair's agenda,Broughan said.
- President Bush in FOXNews
It makes no sense to me to say that Colombian goods can come into our country duty-free, yet our goods can't go into Colombia duty-free,Bush said sternly. "And yet that's the case. An agreement with Colombia would level the playing field."
- Peter Mandelson in Reuters
The ITA remains a milestone duty-free agreement. But it risks being left behind after 12 years of technological development,European Trade Commissioner Peter Mandelson said in a statement.