duralumin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an aluminum-based alloy
- All the furniture is old except a new duralumin lamp upon the desk.
- A minute side chapel, seating possibly a score, will have altar vessels of duralumin salvaged from the wreck of the Naval dirigible Shenandoah which soared away from Lakehurst .
- He fitted himself with a pair of four-pound, duralumin, flexible-jointed legs designed by the brothers Desoutter, one of whom also lost a limb in an air crash.
News & Articles
- Restoring the scars on a warplane's spars
Spars of a Mitsubishi Zero. The spars of a Mitsubishi Zero are a nightmare to a warbird restorer. Made of Extra Super Duralumin, an aluminum alloy, the spars are light and strong but very susceptible to the elements and corrosion.
April 17, 2014 - Everett Herald