duomo : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the principal Christian church building of a bishop's diocese
- In Milan the Gothic finials of the renowned duomo now have to fight for recognition against a skyline of striking new skyscrapers.
- With funds from Rome, they restored the town's 11th century duomo and flooded its musty stone interior with fluorescent light; his paintings and frescoes were rounded up and .
- The 14th century duomo, its pinnacles and spires topped by saints and angels, stands in the geographic center of the city; sightseers and lovers go by elevator to the roof to .
News & Articles
- Martina Stoessel & Violetta Cast: Milan Meet & Greet!
The cast of Violetta greet their fans from the terrace of Mondadori at Piazza Duomo in Milan, Italy on Wednesday afternoon (June 26). Martina Stoessel, Jorge Blanco, Alba Rico, Ludovica Comello and Diego Dominguez all waved to the huge crowd along with the E’Grave cast. PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Martina Stoessel Martina [...]
June 28, 2013 - Just Jared Jr.
- Romano Prodi in International Herald Tribune
Italy is sad today but it is also proud of him,Prodi said in his message during the service. "Here, in the Duomo of his hometown, Italy expresses its gratitude to him."
- Silvio Berlusconi in UPI.com
The judicial attacks are on a par or even worse than Piazza del Duomo,Berlusconi told reporters.
- Roberto Maroni in International Herald Tribune
...Minister Roberto Maroni, a leader of the anti-immigrant Northern League party, said Wednesday he had prepared a directive for all regional prefects "so that what happened in front of Milan's Duomo doesn't happen again."