- s as if struck dumb with astonishment and surprise
- And when he describes his young life, he declares himself dumfounded at the spectacle.
- The question of postal rates has dumfounded the Post Office Department.
- Informed that his car had been seen in front of Luchese's home four times after he last admitted to having seen his three-fingered friend, Chankalian was dumfounded.
News & Articles
- Investors Cheer The Government Shutdown And Why Not
As I peered at CNBC at 6 a.m. Tuesday morning sipping my espresso, I was dumfounded that all the pre-market numbers suggested across the board up markets. Simpleton that I am, by Monday’s negative price action, I incorrectly assumed investors were spooked by the contemplation that our indispensable government may have to cease portions of their indispensable functions……when actually the concern ...
Oct. 2, 2013 - Forbes
- Michael Jackson in guardian.co.uk
Meanwhile, Matt Blank from the Michael Jackson World Network fanclub told BBC News 24 he was "a bit dumfounded and a bit shellshocked by it all".
- Christina Kim in USA Today
Most Americans out there aren't celebrating today. They're dumfounded by the fact that Congress just passed this 2,685-page monstrosity against their wishes, on the backs of their children and grandchildren, who they know will have to pick up the... Mitch McConnell http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_McConnell&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEZA1ca3PJ7nNpSJFQIuI8CQ4eMWw Lifesite http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/mar/10032304.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFuXU1ZPwkeTbZCdgF0K-K0O_6PBg Mar 23, 2010
30839 39712 dumfounded Watching that putt (of Webb's) was agonizing," Kim said. "It seemed to roll so slowly. I thought it was in, then it sped up and went past the hole. I stood dumfounded. It was the longest two-footer (for the win) I ever had to make."