dugong : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n sirenian tusked mammal found from eastern Africa to Australia; the flat tail is bilobate
- At such moments, the head and shoulders of the dugong rise from the water in a vaguely human attitude.
- THE dugong is a ludicrous-looking aquatic mammal that nurses its young at its breast.
- The area is a favored haunt of the endangered dugong, a cousin of the manatee, that feeds in the sea grasses of the shallow coastal waters.
News & Articles
- Dugong activity unlikely to sway Futenma plans
It’s unclear if recent evidence of endangered dugong activity would add fresh ammunition to a debate over allowing Marine Corps runways to be built in an Okinawa bay, according to the island’s prefectural government.
Oct. 7, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- Matthew McConaughey in Courier Mail
There were other days like the day we went out diving and swam with a dugong, which was very cool,McConaughey, 38, said. "One of the guys with us, an Australian, said he had been on more than 1,000 dives and had never seen a dugong."
- Peter Garrett in Brisbane Times
I have read about the dugong but had never seen one until now. We were all saddened to see such a beautiful creature dead and it reminded us that our marine life is precious and needs to be protected. Sometimes we don't realize that a carelessly... Shwikar http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shwikar&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHDSJ9qoKW6LSfENZiu887_P4tX3Q GulfNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Environment/10255107.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFVgIsDdDyn0a1Uy8vCkRkTksQCxw Oct 28, 2008
30775 39656 dugong Concerns have been raised by a variety of groups, including the scientific community, about shark fishing and about species protected under the EPBC Act, including dugong," Mr Garrett said today. "I want to be assured that the World Heritage...