- n a pre-Christian priest among the Celts of ancient Gaul and Britain and Ireland
- David Brower, the wild-haired druid, ecologist and outdoorsman who guided the Sierra Club during its rise to national prominence as a scourge of dam builders and redwood cutters .
News & Articles
- Neighbors express more Interstate 20/59 bridge replacement concerns (photos, updated)
Second public meeting didn't seem to relieve concerns for residents of Norwood, Druid Hills and Fountain Heights.
June 12, 2013 - Birmingham News
- Issue 24: The Queer Issue
In this week's issue, we celebrate Pride Baltimore and the first year of gay marriage in Maryland with a feature by Kate Drabinski on the women behind WeDo Baltimore , the mass wedding scheduled for this weekend in Druid Hill Park, and another one by Michael Farley on the state of queer art in Baltimore. Also, check out our Pride Guide and our tour of Baltimore's gay bars . In Mobtown Beat, Van ...
June 11, 2013 - Baltimore City Paper
- Local schools take short summer break; focus on year-round education
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Friday’s the day: the last day of school for CMS. But not all students will be getting off for 10 weeks; the kids at Druid Hills Academy are not packing up and saying goodbye. Students here are still learning. Zion Simpson’s summer essay is still on display. "I would like to go to Disney World because that it would be fun,” he read as he looked over his work. This CMS school ...
June 6, 2013 - WCNC Charlotte
- Garry Hynes in RTE.ie
Paying tribute, Druid's Artistic Director Garry Hynes said: "All of us in Druid are terribly saddened by the premature death of Tom Murphy. Tom won a Tony Award on Broadway for his wonderful portrayal of 'Ray Dooley' in Martin McDonagh's 'The Beauty...
- Thomas Conway in Irish Times
It's a key instrument for us and for the writer, who will have gone through several drafts,Conway says. "It gives Druid a clear idea of how a play performs with an audience and whether it merits production, while for the writer it is often...
- Earl Ehrhart in Southern Voice
In a Feb. 11 column in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Ehrhart said House Bill 67 "is not about discriminating against homosexuals [who] are allowed to be, and are, members of the Druid Hills Golf Club."