dropout : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who quits school before graduation
- n someone who withdraws from a social group or environment
- Harvard's most famous dropout returns for his diploma, 30 years late.
- Plus, more accurate information may ultimately make the dropout problem "seem more manageable," Kondracke says.
- New York City has more dropouts than most cities have students.
News & Articles
- Edward Snowden Is Completely Wrong
Is he a hero—the most important whistle-blower in U.S. history, as Pentagon Papers leaker Daniel Ellsberg called him? Or is Edward Snowden a flat-out traitor and a very deluded young man? The 29-year-old contractor at the center of the biggest national security scandal in years is eloquent and impressively intelligent, having risen from high school dropout and security guard at the National ...
June 15, 2013 - National Journal via Yahoo! News
- Kanye West: How the Rapper Grew From 'Dropout' to 'Yeezus'
It's been nearly a decade since Kanye West--elite artist and at times social pariah--released his debut album "The College Dropout," a soulful multi-...
June 14, 2013 - Billboard
- Brokaw Mocks Snowden On Letterman: Can’t Have A ‘High School Dropout’ Deciding Which Secrets To Expose
Tom Brokaw went on the Late Show last night to help David Letterman unpack all of the revelations to come out of the NSA over the last week. The veteran NBC newscaster identified some major problems with the fact that a "high school dropout" like Edward Snowden was able to have access to so many high-level security secrets.
June 13, 2013 - Mediaite
- Barack Obama in Politico
In just seven years, he's boosted elementary test scores here in Chicago from 38 percent of students meeting the standards to 67 percent,Obama said. "The dropout rate has gone down every year he's been in charge. ...... So when Arne speaks...
- Jack Oâ€™Connell in Register Pajaronian
Twenty-four percent of students dropping out is not good news,said Jack O'Connell, state superintendent of public instruction. "In fact, any student dropping out of school is one too many, and the data reveal a disturbingly high dropout...